Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A finish........or three

the promised finish . . . . .



The quilting for outer blocks stumped for a day or so. I felt I needed to secure the edges, but didn't want to do a straight line squared border. I really, really like how it turned out, and can't wait to make another one.

Finish no.2 is a Christmas table runner. Although I've called it 'Christmas and Beyond', because you can easily flip it for everyday use. The backing fabric is one of my all time fave fabrics "Lady Yang' from Alexander Henry, and one of the very first fabric's I bought on line as I just had to have it! It measures about 10" x 35" and I straight line quilted it, with the lines 1/2" apart. That really satisfied the vrooom, vroooom yearing!



And the 3rd finish is the Ellie cushion there on my Nook stand. I pieced those letters so long ago (seems like it anyway) using a Trimmings pack from Umbrella Prints. I couldn't think what to do with it then, then last week I told myself to just make a cushion. So I did, and I just love how it turned out. Sometimes you just need to wait for the inspiration to strike, don't you!


Cheerio for now, thank's for visiting. I'll be back at the weekend to show you the super duper, fantabulous mail I received from my buddy in Virginia, DeeRoo. I was floored!

x Mandy


3 comments:

Rachaeldaisy said...

I love them all!! Go Mandy!! Your Nook shelf is looking wonderful, I bet your new items sell in a flash!!

Tammy said...

Lovely makes, I love that AH fabric too, in fact I have a gorgeous dress made in it from Get Cutie in Brighton, UK. I had to save lots of pennies to buy it!

yarnivorous said...

Lovely! DeeRoo sends the BEST parcels.