Tuesday, October 2, 2012

oh how I wish,

weekendticket by Lynne @ Lilys Quilts
weekendticket, a photo by Lynne @ Lilys Quilts on Flickr.
I could repeat the wonderful experience I had at the Fat Quarterly sewing retreat again, next year. Next year, my heart will not be as heavy from losing my Dad as it was this year. Next year, I could have the conversations I wanted to have, without the fear of my eyes leaking.

I am so thankful I could attend, it was so amazing to meet friends made on Flickr, and to have made new ones!

I'm not going to say I'll not be able to attend next year, cause you never know. Unfortunately, October is too early for me to say I can go. The new year may be a different thing though......

keep your fingers crossed for me please
cheerio for now
x Mandy

5 comments:

Liz DandeliondD said...

I hope you can Mandy
October is early to decide for next year, so hopefully there will be tickets available later on.

Rachel said...

Ah, sweetie, I'm not sure that I will make it either, I can't commit to it at the moment but have a feeling tickets will sell out pretty fast. If you do make it over though, we can still have our own little stitchy get together, yes? Hugs R xxx

myBearpaw said...

It won't be the same without you Mandy - who will share my bottle of wine?! x

dolores said...

Ack! I sure wish I could go too but I don't think it's in the cards!

Rachaeldaisy said...

I wonder if we could tempt the Fat Quarterly crew to have their retreat in Sydney, or Blue Mountains. :)