Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Indie Granny!





Having a ball with these Granny blocks

The colours in Pat Bravo's 'Indie' line are sumptuous, exotic, colour saturated, evocative and just down right delish! I bought a 'Midnight' palette of fat 1/4's from Hawthorne Threads (yes I go there a lot!!). I knew I wanted to make granny squares with them, as big as I could, cause I like fast quilts. So I just worked out I could get 13 x 4.5" squares from each fat quarter and started cutting! The background is a 'French General' solid, the same one, these pics were taken on a gloomy early evening. I'm making 9 squares and will finish them today. I haven't decided on sashing or borders, any thoughts on that would me appreciated. The blocks are finishing up around the 17" mark.

Anywho, that's where I am this morning, or rather where I'm gonna be!
cheerio
x Mandy

2 comments:

Amy Friend said...

Nice! The Indie looks great in these blocks.

Rachaeldaisy said...

Oooohh Yummy stormy blue granny blocks. Love these!! Not sure about sashing and borders, I change my mind about those at least a zillion times before making up my mind.