Thursday, October 25, 2012

Dragon boat racing!


yes I am!!!

Dragons petals 
Dragons Abreast Festival
28th October 2012
Darling Harbour
Sydney
ALL DAY

This is such a special fundraising event, organized by Dragons Abreast. Teams from all over come to race. Highly competitive teams, through to teams there mainly for the fun (that's me)! Teams that come back year after year, to teams that have paddlers in them for the first time (that's a fair few of us). 

As one though, we are fundraising for awareness, education and for survivors of Breast Cancer. 

October is Australia’s Breast Cancer Awareness Month, so please think hard about donating a few dollars to sponsor our team, the 'Blackheath Ark'.

 

Donating is so very simple, click here and the link will take you straight to where you need to be. Just remember to sponsor our boat please, the Blackheath Ark, and me Mandy A. You can even put a little message of encouragement there for the team and me, that would be sooooo special!!

The link should work now, and take you straight to the donation form for Blackheath Ark. I'm lucky #7 (Mandy A) from the top of the drop down member list. 

Dragon boat racing - fast, tough, exhilarating, a little scary, wet, fun

Wish me luck!
xox Mandy

3 comments:

yarnivorous said...

You go! I used to watch the people practising in Blackwattle Bay. Some were clearly women gearing up for the dragon boat racing - not necessarily young but determined.

Rachel said...

Awesome! I'm sure you'll have a blast!

Rachaeldaisy said...

I used to watch the boats practising too, now ill be able to say I know someone that has raced in them. Good luck and enjoy!!!