Saturday, January 21, 2012

Swooning along.....

that's better! by mandalin18
that's better!, a photo by mandalin18 on Flickr.

I just couldn't resist. I'm such a sucker for a quilt-along. It's just so much fun to see how other people are making the same quilt as you!
I'm going a little different, Lynne of Lily's Quilts showed me the way. My block is 32", yep you read right, 32 glorious inches square! I'm going to make 4, all in Echo, so not all in these (very unlike me) colours. I'm really digging it, and want to have it professionally quilted.

Anyhow, off to dreamland now.
Thanks for dropping by,
x Mandy

5 comments:

Cindy Sharp said...

I like it. This is the first swoon block I've seen in this muted colorway. It may be better than the brights!

dolores said...

We received Echo at the shop a couple of weeks ago and already one of the prints is sold out...I got the last yard!:)

That is the perfect block for the large prints of Echo...LOVE it!:)

Someone came in yesterday and bought the bumpy pink stripe in that line for a dust ruffle and curtains in a baby's room....it is going to look amazing!:)

Rachaeldaisy said...

The colours/ fabrics are beautiful. I was checking out the Flickr group the other day and there are so many amazing combos but I think yours is my favourite!!

Michelle @ the quilted tortoise said...

Wow, it looks fantastic! It's hard to picture the size of the blocks using a ruler or tape measure, I think I'll have to try the 32" just to see the sheer size of it!! Look forward to seeing your next blocks!

Blog editor said...

Very gorgeous!
Jill