Monday, May 23, 2011

Down Under Doll Quilt Swap ~Done!

First off I have to show you the beauty that I received.


Are you ready....



sure....



okay then



ta dahhhhhhhhh





My new beau and I went on a little tour of the garden.






We got a little carried away, but it was such fun!

This beauty came from Leah aka Smoochee over on flickr.
Thank you Leah, me loves it!




Now for the one I made for my partner.








I had a whole lota fun making this, quite a sideways shift from my normal Doll Quilt. I felt so relaxed during the making process. Sometimes things didn't work so I just deleted them, sometimes there were happy accidents, like making mitred corners of the pink and blue strips. I hope my partner likes what she receives. It was posted today, so hopefully I will know before the end of the week.

Thanks for stopping by.
Cheerio for now!
x Mandy

2 comments:

Rachaeldaisy said...

Mandy, Your photos are sublime!! Each background emphasised a different fabric in the quilt. You received such a stunning quilt, lucky you. And you give as good as you get!! The little quilt you've made is guaranteed to put a smile on your partners face! I love all those little details.

dolores said...

Too funny to see photos with fall colored leaves since we are just getting ready to go into summer! But the pictures are lovely!

Oh but your wee mini is fantastic! Who wouldn't love those girl pals but it's all the other stuff around it that makes the total package. EVERYONE at DQS would love that mini!! Kudos!!! xo