Saturday, August 28, 2010

Where'd August go?

Latest Bee Crazy blocks

These Anna Maria Horner voile fabrics are sooo beautiful, slippy as hell, but lovely and soft. I thought these colours from Kathryn were divine.

I love using these Kona solids as well. And they went with the Amy Butler Wallflower print beautifully. Add some aqua Freshcut and DeliHi, and you really can't go wrong!

This is the block I'll be asking the Bee Crazy ladies to make for me in October. I have them all cut and bagged ready to go. A little ahead of schedule, which feels good, but slightly weird!

And these are the first blocks I've made for a new Bee I've joined, the Fresh Modern Bee. I just could not resist joining this one. I was on Flickr at the right time to see Lily's Quilts post about a vacant spot on the Bee. I jumped in before I'd thought really, absolutely no regrets, I mean, just look at those fun fabrics from Jolene.

I have received my DQS quilt's!!! And I will post pics early next week, I should be finishing off my DQS tonight, but I want to quilt it in daylight. The DQS quilt's I received will blow your socks off!!!! Plus my fabulous partner sent me a Kona Colour Chart, and a lovely little zipped purse, and some Kokeshi doll stickers. She did a real number on me, I feel very lucky. In fact I feel very lucky with all the quilts I have received. Oh.....I can show you the Mini QT from Amy!!!!


The one I made for Amy ~ The one she made for me.

Isn't it gorgeous, can't you just feel the sway of the under current. Amy also sent me an adorable pincushion, pic to come...

Here's another photo of the one I made for Amy, I desperately need to take some new photo's tomorrow, hopefully there will be an abatement of the Spring winds we've been having lately, we even had sleet on Friday!?!

cheerio for a few days,
x Mandy

No comments: