Monday, August 10, 2009

My Quilt for Amelie

has arrived safely at it's new home.


Amelie's Mum (hanies) has posted a photo on Flickr


of Amelie with her Quilt


I tell you my heart nearly burst with joy
at the sight of her holding her quilt.


This is the back, before quilting. I enjoyed messing about with the different shapes.

Which is good, because John (of quiltdad) is hosting a Wonky Cabin quilt-along from September 1st. I will endeavour to finish enough of my WIP's so I can join in. I love the randomness of wonky blocks, and how they are all contained within a regular quilt shape. I'm also hoping to use some of my fabric that has already be cut into.

And I have to apologise to my giveaway winners, I seem to have mislaid a week somewhere. If anyone saw one running away, it was mine. All of a sudden it's August 10th!!! I had said I was going to post to my winners on the 5th. I'm truly sorry to be late, the good news though, is that Robyn your Bag is finished, and Beth your Owl is being stitched tonight, sewn and stuffed tomorrow. They will definitely be posted this Wednesday. I really don't know where that week went.

Lastly, I've purchased again on Etsy, I had permission people, and I would recommend Amber of One Shabby Chick to anyone. It was a lovely experience, one I wouldn't hesitate to do again, funds permitting of course. She has some fab fabric, sold as sets she puts together. The girl has a knack of putting fabric together. She's also a talented sewer, I have an idea she did some test sewing for 'Melly & Me'. Go and have a look, her prices are really good, I wouldn't have done it if it wasn't.

Anywho, I've a owl to sew.
Cheerio for now
X Mandy

No comments: