Friday, June 26, 2009

Old Red Barn quilt-along update


Don't they look pretty fluttering in the breeze.


A little closer


Being protected by, my ever faithful, Ruby.

I had started to cut the strips into the 12 1/2" squares, when I thought I should take a photo! I think I ended up with 14 sets of 6 sewn strips. And I am getting 3 x 12 1/2" squares from each sewn strip. Phew, so how many squares am I getting, no it's not a trick question, just talking out loud so to speak. Hummm, 42, yup 42 x 12 1/2" squares. BIG quilt, now how many across and how many down. Tape measure time, need to measure my bed. Opps, that'll be a tomorrow job, it's occupied, I large, and 1 small lump! Oh well, I'll content myself with just cutting the squares.

Cheerio for now
X Mandy

p.s. the other US parcel arrived, OMGosh, OMGosh, OMGosh! Alexander Henry, Phillip Jacobs, Heather Bailey & Kaffe Fassett. But I've tucked away so well, I can't find it! Falling about laughing here! I'm such a dingbat sometimes.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

They look like Pretty Maids all in a row...what NO pic of your Goodies..

Unknown said...

so you have the same hiding things in safe places problem that I do. Seems I'm not alone!!! Either that or you have a gremlin that steals fabric......

Anyway - you won the runners up prize in my giveaway - email me (katyejones at hotmail dot com) and I'll get your package mailed out!

Kate said...

That is going to look great!