Saturday, May 30, 2009

A couple of my bags


This is the prototype of a bag I'm naming
'Peardrop'. I named it after the shape of my favourite sweet as a child. It's a prototype because it doesn't look anything like a peardrop!!! I got so carried away with using as much of the fat 1/4's as possible, and thinking about the quilting, I forgot to taper the top.
Ho hum, but all is not wasted. I now know the strap is the perfect length. I sits beautifully across my torso and snug on front of my hips. It's a really great size bag to wear walking. Thanks go to Julie, my partner from the International Women's Day Swap. The fabrics look great.

oOo

The second bag I've made without the aid of a pattern, I haven't a name for yet. I didn't set out to design another bag, I was half way through another
'Peardrop' for my eldest to give as a Birthday present. I wasn't real happy while making it, and decided it was because it wasn't the right bag for the Birthday Girl. So, this is what I came up with.


Just a little hand quilting on the front, to keep all the layers tidy. I machine quilted horizontal lines on the back, 2" apart. A self covered button and a hair elastic to close the bag and she was done. I think I will tweak it a little, I'm not sure about swapping the handle fabric about, it clashes with the symmetry part of my make-up.


Cheerio for now
Take care
Mandy

No comments: